Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Barefoot by Barbara Sansoni ~~ Lovable toys for Baby, Child or maybe yourself, some can be heirlooms to treasure for many years to come


Mice




I can tell you I am very biased when it comes to the Barefoot Range by “”Barbara Sansoni”. I absolutely fell in love with them the first time I saw the range.




  • I love colour, I feel alive when I see beautiful colours splashed together to create awesome products and this is where Barefoot have captured my full attention.
  • Their products are made from 100% cotton and the toys are filled with kapok.
  • Their toys visually stimulating for children because of their bright colours and tactile because of their creative use of fabric textures.
Barbara Sansoni, an artist, textile designer and colourist, started this concept out of a need of a rehabilitation program in Sri Lankan in 1958, for young women with limited schooling and skills. Barefoot artisans are dedicated weavers and designers, who without the constraints of mass production, are able to produce fine high quality products in a sustainable way. They are also encouraged to be innovative and stretch their creative talents.
As some of you know I am an artist myself, and I appreciate the quality, style and the uniqueness of all the products…as not one product is the same as the other. They are all finished off in different colours.
These are some of the products that I stock in their range if you press on the different category headings it will take you there and you can see some of the delightful range.


Animals & Insects  Australia Animals  
   Bags                       Dolls                 Hand Puppets
Bags  Dolls  Hand Puppets


Loveable Characters      Mice...             
Loveable Characters    Mice
Monkeys
Who wouldn’t like to have one of these in a child’s room or perhaps one like me (who is slowly approaching second childhood)…..I have one in my family room hanging down from the ceiling. The work is meticulous, the craftsmanship is outstanding and unique, the concept  is fantastic, it can be folded and taken with them on holidays or someone’s house, and have an immediate play house. These gorgeous Barefoot mice will be their friends for life. I think it is a work of art. You will have your own piece of fine art as every one of them is unique.

MouseHouseFront MouseHouseOutside

Mouse House by Barefoot Barbara Sansoni Pretend play

These are gorgeous cuddly toys:



DollMissJollywagRed     DollTraditionalDoll



22cmmalemouse--11.03.08

Have a look at the range here in the different categories…..which one is your favourite?
I will be introducing Library Bags in the bag section as well….I have the toddler bags at the moment which come with an Australiana toy animal.

BAGToddlerBackpackWithFish

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet? If you are after something special these should be on top of your lists, they are also ideal if you are sending gifts via mail as they are very light to send especially overseas.

I leave you browsing and enjoy this awesome range.


image
Sign up for our free newsletter!

 Also if you want to check out more specials and you want some great giveaways…check this out!

Christmas by Romantic Flair Original

38 comments:

TheUrbanMum said...

Hi Marthese - I love this Barefoot Range - I found your blog through Digital Parents and it is wonderful... You are right Christmans is coming soon. I received an award from another blog this morning and I am going to pass it on to you.  The link will be on my site and I will feature a link back to yours - it is the Versatile Blogger Award.  Enjoy.x

Marthese said...

Thank you @a71a2a5dcfa0f5d7f4c617db40722005:disqus I will try and catch up with this in the near future.

wendyhatton said...

This range of toys is beautifully colourful. The Mouse House is lovely and I like the hand puppets too.

Lewisclaire2011 said...

Love the Barefoot range - so different and personal compared to the 'normal' commercial toys available. I think the mice are my favourite too, my little Miss would love to role play with one of them.
Mumma's Mini Mes sent me.

Jacky said...

I love the Australian  animals, especially the Witchety Grub.   A far better  option  to send overseas as gifts for new borns than the mass produced koala toys.

Toni hill said...

These toys are absolutely gorgeous! Very hard to pick just one favourite tho, My girls love tys like these, I love all the dolls but i would have to say Barefoot Charlotte doll, she is very nice! Love the removable shoes <3

Cate said...

I love the Humpty Dumpty toys.  Very cute!

Princessglamgirl said...

Barefoot Puppy is my favourite it's just so cute!

Jessie Boan said...

Gorgeous toys - the Miss Gollywog Doll is probably my favourite (but it's hard to choose).

Karen Edwards said...

Love the hand puppets everything looks great 

Natalie Blanch said...

I love the Barefoot range :) I discovered them and bought at Elephant Rattle for my daughter before she was born. Each time I see them, I'm very tempted to get a Frill Neck Lizard! They are gorgeous, and I love having Australian animals for her to play with.  

Liz H said...

I love this range. What I love about this range is their use of vibrant prints and colours - I love their Large Cuddly elephant! Not a drab, grey elephant but a wonderful shade of magenta! So gorgeous :)

Linda Hynson said...

Love the marionettes:-)

Rebekah said...

I like the elephant rattle! We had one similar (maybe same brand!?) and it fell out the car. Our very first toy lost. Would be so fun to win something like it!!

Tess12 said...

When I first browsed your site, I thought what wonderful colours and designs, then I read the story of where these beautiful items come from and now love it even more.

Marthese said...

Hi wendyhatton ...I am biased as it is one my favorite range, but I have to agree.

Your entry no. is (mummasminimes1) @mumasminimes 

Marthese said...

@2f87ced041487a5057e8792efdabbd60 she will love them.

Your entry no. is (mummasminimes2) @mummasminimes 

Marthese said...

Hi @788db73a0459907b1922e18feb67c8cc the australian range is awesome@8f874a74811fbddf5ad07f503fbdc340 
Your entry no. is (mummasminimes3) @mummasminmes 

Marthese said...

Hi Toni hill she is an heirloom doll

Your entry no. is (mummasminimes4) @mummasminmes 

Marthese said...

Hi @a2cd14e86a76d16479f8b6d47d690cf8 ...he is so cute:)

Your entry no. is (mummasminimes5) @ mummasminimes

Marthese said...

Princessglamgirl welcome...he is love able.

Your entry no. is (mummasminimes6) mummasminimes

Marthese said...

Jessie Boan I do not blame...they are all so loveable:)

Your entry no. is (mummasminimes7) @mummasminimes 

Marthese said...

Hi Karen Edwards ...yes it is very hard to choose

Your entry no. is (mummasminimes8) @mummasminimes 

Marthese said...

It is a great way to nurture and introduce Australian animals Natalie Blanch

Your entry no. is (mummasminimes9) @mummasminmes  

Marthese said...

Liz H yes the vibrant colours  is what attracted me in the first place...and they do come in different colours

Your entry no. is (mummasminimes10)

Marthese said...

Thank you @8f874a74811fbddf5ad07f503fbdc340 good luck:)

Your entry no. is (mummasminimes11) @mummaminimes 

Marthese said...

@a4967e2d9a04191d6d2a6a5bafdb18fc they are loveable:)

Your entry no. is (mummasminimes12) @mummasminmes 

Marthese said...

@90a1288c209aa83b944a3833f87ac415 it is great to see how helping others have eventuated into  such a great company.

Your entry no. is (mummasminimes13) @mummasminimes 

Candice said...

The African Boy and African Girl doll are so sweet. I love browsing your store Marthese. Thank you for a lovely giveaway

Silvana Gutierrez P said...

Barefoot Sitting Female or Male Mouse love them  so nice !!! adorable!!!

Marthese said...

Thank you @2c3079865c9b16c59f85974329eea136  Good Luck:)
Your entry no. is (mummasminimes14)

Marthese said...

Love them Silvana Gutierrez P ...good luck:)

Your entry no. is (mummasminimes15)

Laureny Bradford said...

I love the BAREFOOT GIRAFFE RATTLE it would be perfect for my new baby to be!

Marthese said...

Oh congratulations Laureny Bradford ...best wishes
Your entry no. is (mummasminimes16)

Rachel Sarah said...

So hard to choose, they are all so beautiful. But I am partial to the soft cat rattle.  Just beautiful!

Ryan said...

I think the barefoot large cuddly elephant would be perfect for our first baby (due soon!). 

Marthese said...

Thank you @6b8669cd5e696f45981ab807cd6dfd32 I totally agree with you they are all lovable...
Your entry no. is (mummasminimes17)

Marthese said...

Yes the Barefoot cuddly elephant is cute...@d06784e7983d9bd4b35bdd64274bcea9 ...thank you for stopping by...look forward to be of service to you in the future.

Your entry no. is (mummasminimes18)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails