Friday, April 8, 2011

Food for thought….


j0427716

During the next couple of days…

Perhaps as you are driving home from work, feeling good …thinking the weekend is coming along…sorting through your thoughts, planning what you will be up to this weekend……!

Think about those people around you who may have become ‘invisible’.

Perhaps they have experienced: the death of a loved one; having a serious illness such as cancer, multiple sclerosis or a mental illness; going through separation or divorce.

A simple friendly phone call or invitation to coffee may help to let them feel ‘visible’ again.

It is not necessary to ask lots of questions, and far better to be available through your presence, allowing the person to talk if they wish and giving your full attention to them as you listen……..

Same applies in your blogging community…we seem to comment or communicate with the same circle of people…and some we just creep through their blog and not even bother to even acknowledge that you have been there, by just leaving a simple comment or just a simple Smile…..Think of  all those lonely people that are trying to reach out through blogging….I am sure you will make their day by just taking time and share the love……..
Food for thought……


10 comments:

Marthese said...

Nicole...yes sometimes..we question why someone is behaving or treating us in a manner perhaps that we do not like...if sometimes we stop and think & perhaps we might realize that person, child etc...might be going through tough times and consequently different attitudes or behavior issues might arise...could easily happen with our kids!

Marthese said...

Thank you Kirrily and welcome...I hoped over to your blog...I enjoyed reading through it ...for some reason I could not comment anywhere...I am not sure if that is on purpose or perhaps the comments are not enabled? Look forward to chat with you in the future!

Kirrily @ Sunny Side Up said...

Well how lucky am I that I found your blog today for the first time! You're now in my reader. Thank you. These sentiments in this post apply to everyone (certainly me, having been on both sides of the invisibility). Wonderful food for thought.

Marthese said...

Yes I totally agree. The beauty about blogging is that it helps some people ...Some find it very hard to express themselves verbally...but can do it so well when it comes to expressing themselves in writing..!

Glowless said...

There are indeed a lot of lonely bloggers. Luckily there is this amazing community to comment and share the love and support.
Thanks for linking up x

Marthese said...

You are gorgeous...you have put a smile on my face...I am sure, that made you feel good by just taking time to leave that comment...much appreciated your input :)

Tat said...

I don't really know what to say.. your post is so right and there is nothing I can add. Yet, I don't want to be a creeper ;)

Marthese said...

Hi Dorothy, I am sitting down at the moment...I have just spend a wonderful evening with my immediate family, over dinner, celebrating a couple of things that my kids have achieved this week...I am very thankful and blessed to have experienced that..but at the same time I would like people to think about others who are going through tough times...I think we all go through that one day or another...and it is great that one tries to be there for someone who needs a shoulder to lean on....Thank you for stopping by...I hope this post have touched you in some way!

Dorothy @ Singular Insanity said...

I love your sentiment here, Marthese. People seem so ready to celebrate the happy times with you, but forget that you might need some human contact when you're sad, lonely, scared. If you're one of those people, I hope someone has reached out to you...

Nicole said...

Hi Marthese
Saw your welcome on Aussie Mom Bloggers - thanks for the thoughts here as it is so crucial to being a great mum to be empathetic and aware of how other people feel and view the world. Good reminder.

Nicole
http://www.myidealife.com.au

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails