Friday, April 15, 2011

Grandma’s ….Mum’s, or maybe a special person in your life who you treat like a mum…..Mother’s Day!

mother and baby   
Do you have a special relationship with your Grandmother….?

My kids grew up without grandparents as both grandparents lived overseas.

My Mum although she was not as fluent in speaking English…she till maintained a great relationship with them. Originally just saying hello on the phone and always told them “I love you”, She never missed their Birthdays and special Occasions She always send them cards and gifts. We spoke to them a lot about their grandparents, and we were lucky to visit every so often, and 3 out of the 4 grandparents came over and visited us.

My daughter now she is older, and they can have a fairly descent conversation between them, my mum is getting old and frail conversation now…and I am so blessed that my daughter and my mum have a very special relationship. She keeps in touch with her by writing to her and sending her some creative things that she comes up with! I think she is definitely taking after me!

As you all know I offer you the chance to create your own keepsakes, in form of
These are great gift ideas for Mother’s Day……..






4 comments:

Marthese said...

I could not agree more, I feel very sad that I am not around to help my mum with her every day needs :)

ACajunDownUnder said...

It is hard living so far away from family, and I miss that my girls are not growing up with the Aunts, Uncles and Cousins that I had.  Thankfully, we have skype and the internet and we travel frequently.  It is nice that your daughter has been able to overcome the distance and forge a great relationship with her Grandmother. 

Marthese said...

ACajunDownUnder  ...I hear I hear...I know exactly how you feel....thank yo for stopping by:)

Tat said...

My parents live overseas, too. We talk on Skype often and my son has been over three times (my daughter once). You don't think about these things when you are younger and moving continents, but how I wish now that I was living closer to my parents.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails