Have you ever tried to teach your child all of the above. It can be a major exercise, as you will need the following:
- a clock
- a calendar
- images showing different types of weather
- images showing different seasons of the year
- etc. etc.….
Well have a look at the above a Wooden Calender Puzzle which is all in one “prop” to learn about:
- What is the date today?
- What day of the week is it?
- What month of the year is it?
- Is it Winter, Spring, Summer or Autumn?
- Is it cold, hot, snowing, raining?
Ideal to place this maybe on your kitchen bench or hang on the wall (it has hooks at the back to be hang), or maybe somewhere prominent at your Day Care Center, Play group, Kinder or Classroom.
I recommend you start the day, maybe while having breakfast, first thing in the morning before you start your activities or program for the day, to spend 5 minutes doing this activity every day.
The Child will have to peg:
- The date with the yellow peg
- Pointing with the pointer to the right day of the week
- The month with the green peg
- Then maybe ask which season we are in
- If it is cold, hot, etc. today
The clock can be used at various time of the day for various activities.
What a clever cookie, who ever came up with this whole idea. What do you think?
See more educational items in store here.
Always sourcing educational products or toys with an educational thought behind it, to make your child's play, a learning in process.
Marthese is the face behind:
- Romantic Flair Original ( My on line Gift Shop, where I create and source out unique and special products)
- Founder and editor of Blogs, Romantic Flair Original and Christmas by Romantic Flair Original
- Learn more about her here
- You can sign up for her newsletter
- You can now connect with her as well by pressing the below buttons
Check out our latest Giveaway & Specials