Thursday, March 22, 2012

Tips of the day using Tea Tree oil to remove any tacky glue from stickers or cleaning your storage tins……

 Tea Tree Oil

DSCF5309





As I was pottering around this morning, doing my regular chores and putting things away, one of the things I had to do is to take some sticker glue of a tin that I wanted to keep, and as I started scrubbing it with soap and water, I remembered that there is an easier way of taking it off.  Good Old Fashioned Tea Tree Oil, which I think most of us forget about it.







So with a bit of Tea Tree Oil and some water, it came off instantly.. I just thought I share this, because many a times we buy things and the glue of the price tags are hard to take off…but if  you keep a jar of Tea Tree Oil in your cupboard, it will be amazing how much use you find for it.
 DSCF5304

I personally love collecting tins and store food and other bits and pieces in them, I feel they give a bit of character to my place and at the same time they are useful containers.

DSCF5305

Again another helpful hint using Tea Tree Oil. With use the lids tend to get a bit jammed, especially ones that I use often like the ones below which are my containers for my Tea, Coffee, & Tea bags, and as one can imagine are in constant use. 
 DSCF5307

So every so often, I grab my Tea Tree Oil, and my Kitchen paper roll and I dab a little bit of oil onto the paper and the lids inside and out and around the rims of the containers…they will work like new again.

DSCF5310

After I just polish them with some furniture polish and bring them back to life again. I love my coffee and tea tins collection they are some of my favorites, I bought them a few years down the track when Bushels had a promotion with them.

Hope you find use of this helpful hint and if you have one to share, please feel free to link here. I am always willing to learn. It is amazing how much we learn of each otherSmile


PS. "Experiences I expressed here are purely my own."

image
Check out our latest  Giveaway & Specials

Sign up for our free newsletter

4 comments:

Bron said...

I use tea tree oil for numerous things (along with other oils or by itself).

When I had golden staph tea tree oil was the main key to my treatment (this is worthy of a blog post to itself one day). Tea tree oil is one of the most effective treatments when dealing with Staph - it has strong antibacterial properties.

I use tea tree oil in my general day to day cleaning (often with vinegar and other oils but it can be used diluted or neat as an instant disenfectant esp with sickness in the house or lice).

A few drops added to the laundry (with hot water) is great for cleaning bedding of sick kids etc.

Tea tree oil is also useful for treating and preventing head lice.

Diluted, it is good to use to clean sore and wounds. I have also used it successfully on acne.

If I think of other uses I will add those too.

Jodi said...

Tea Tree oil is also good for blemish skin, cuts and scratches. It has antibacterial properties and helps stop infection.

Marthese said...

 Wow Awesome tips there Bron, thank you for sharing, if end up doing a post link it above, it will be very informative for others :)

Marthese said...

 You learn everyday thanks Jodi, if you have any helpful post from your blog, it does not have to be about Tea Tree oil link it above..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails