- Can be lot's of fun
- Develop Manipulative & Fine Motor Skills
There is different level of Activities...which can be introduced to various ages...
- Initially make sure that activity is not frustrating and not beyond their skill level
- As they grow older...challenge them with the next step...
One can have lacing activities..with all sorts of mediums...you can find things around the house like lacing Dry Pasta, cardboard rolls or cotton reels....etc..etc..
In store I have these on offer if you would like to introduce lacing at different skill levels....
- they learn primary colours
- lacing peg and big holes makes lacing enjoyable and not frustrating
- This is also ideal for beginners
- Selection of beads in various colours ( again can be an activity for learning colours)
- Bead wholes are big and so not frustrating...and cord is made of PVC which does not flop like a lace would consequently makes the activity enjoyable...
- Comes also in a bag which they can carry as an activity to take with the...
- Another activity ideal for beginners is the great toy from Barefoot Witchetty Grub
- It can be given to a baby initially as a hug-gable toy
- As they grow it can be colour learning activity
- Sorting activity
- throwing activity
- Eventually it becomes a lacing activity
A great colorful toy that grows with them.
These are all handmade in Shirlanka from the Barefoot Range and comes in a variety of colours...
Even more challenging is this set...
- Comes in a wooden box with partitions to place all your beads and laces and finished off with a sliding perspex lid
- Ideal for sorting lacing,learning different colours & alphabets...spelling
- Increasing their creativity skills
Please make sure that lacing activities are supervised at all times....(Chocking)
Finally it is a great activity to enjoy by all and it is an introduction to introduce sewing activities at the right time.....Enjoy!!