Good Friday (Passion of Christ) as celebrated in Bormla Malta
I just thought I share some memories that I have when I used to live in Malta and how Good Friday and the Passion of Christ is celebrated.
Good Friday is a very important day in Malta. At 3.00PM we commemorate the death of Jesus Christ with a service at Church.
A parade with all these statues (representing the Passion of Christ), happens along the streets of each village during the day.
These statues happen to belong to the parish that I grew up in. Thank you Adrian Sammut and Marco Saliba for sharing this on your site. I am so glad to be able to share them with my readers on my blog, who probably some have never seen anything like this!
Hope some of you have enjoyed this as I have enjoyed sharing it with you!
Marthese is the face behind:
- Romantic Flair Original ( My on line Gift Shop, where I create and source out unique and special products)
- Founder and editor of Blogs, Romantic Flair Original and Christmas by Romantic Flair Original
- Learn more about her here
- You can sign up for her newsletter
- You can now connect with her as well by pressing the below buttons
Check out our latest Giveaway & Specials