Rocking Chairs…how can one say can be related to Autism?
Well of late, I was approached by a local school and the person that contacted me was inquiring about rocking chairs for their school, and as the conversation proceeded, I was curious and asked why they wanted rocking chairs for their school?
You live and learn as they say. They wanted these rocking chairs for a couple of Autistic Kids in their school. Okay, I said to myself, I worked with Autistic kids, and I never came along that ROCKING CHAIRS can be a great Therapy for them.
Apparently the rocking gives them like stimulation, without having to touch or feel anyone that close……..oh wow!
I was intrigued and I Google searched. Fair enough, I came up with some interesting reading….
Have a read yourself, these are a few that I came along.
An Adult Autistic Speaks -- Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorder Behaviour: Rocking and Head Banging
Instead of Punishment: For Autistic Kids
In the meantime please feel free to see our selection of rocking chair in store, because not only would they help in this situation but will also create a magical environment.
I am so very interested if any of you out there share their experiences with us. Have you tried this with Autistic Kids, and did this help your child or those who you care for?
Marthese is the face behind:
- Romantic Flair Original ( My on line Gift Shop, where I create and source out unique and special products)
- Founder and editor of Blogs, Romantic Flair Original and Christmas by Romantic Flair Original
- Learn more about her here
- You can sign up for her newsletter
- You can now connect with her as well by pressing the below buttons