Summer, and a visit to your green grocer, will tell you that summer fruits at the moment are low in price, and if you go the markets, you can also buy them in trays or boxes, which you will get them even cheaper.
Some might say, if I buy a lot I end up throwing them away!
Just a few hints for you:
- Lately I stocked up on my berries, you all know how expensive they can be
- I bought a whole box…took it home
- Washed them in their little boxes
- Let them drain to
- and straight into in the freezer
- Strawberries (you can cut the leaves on top if you wish), again wash drain and place in freezer in their own little punnets
- Freeze them skin and all as you buy them
- when you need to use them take them out of the Freezer, let them thaw, they will not be the same as you bought firm, but it becomes a pulp, which you can mix with cereals, yoghurts, ice-cream, create deserts, such as cheesecakes, muffins etc..
- throw frozen fruit in a jug
- crush and mix altogether with a mixer, and enjoy a scrumptious healthy drink
Enjoy and save!
If you have any lovely hints and ideas to share love to hear them!
Feel free to check our specials or enter some of our giveaways at present.
Sign up for our free newsletter